May 23rd, 2020
Blackcastle Farm Sausage Recipes
Executive Chef, Paul Lafferty with Tuscany Restaurants, Limerick
Paul Lafferty is a classically trained executive chef who has worked in a variety of awarded fine dining restaurants both in Ireland and the UK. He is currently the executive chef of the Tuscany Bistro restaurants with locations in Limerick and Tipperary. Paul works with the freshest and finest locally sourced ingredients to create tasty, healthy and wholesome dishes, both at work and at home.
- 500g Piedmontese sausage (chopped)
- 1X400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g tomato passata
- 4 eggs
- 30g feta cheese
- ½ medium onion (diced)
- Small bunch of chopped parsley (chopped)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C
- In an oven proof pan, heat 1tbsp olive oil to med-high heat.
- Add diced onion and cook until soft.
- Add chopped sausage and brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, passata, and cayenne powder. Stir and cook for approx. 10mins.
- Make 4 wells in the tomatoes, and crack one egg into each well.
- Place pan in the middle of pre-heated oven and cook for about 10mins.
- Remove from oven.
- Crumble feta over the top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.