- MINI SPICED BEEF & YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS
MINI SPICED BEEF & YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS
May 24th, 2020
Impress your friends with this one!
This is a great recipe featured in The Irish House & Home December 2011.
Issue www.houseandhome.ie. Impress your friends with this one!
- 100ml (4fl oz) Veg Oil
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 150ml (5fl oz ) Milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- good pinch of ground cloves
- good pinch of ground cinnamon
- 200g (7oz) piece of Irish Piedmontese fillet – about 1 inch thick brought to room temperature
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 75g (3oz) creme fraiche
- 25g(1oz) horseradish sauce
- Wild Rocket to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220c (425 F/ gas mark 7)
- For the Yorkshire puds divide the vegetable oil evenly between the cups of a 24 hole mini muffin tin.
- Place the tray in the oven for about 5 minutes until the oil is almost smoking.
- Meanwhile sift the flour info a medium jug and make a well in the center. Add the milk, eggs and seasoning and beat together to give a smooth batter.
- Carefully pour the batter onto the hot oil in the muffin tin, dividing it evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until puffed up, crisp and golden. Remove from oven and take the Yorkshires out to drain on kitchen paper.
- Preparing the Beef: Toss the spices together on a small plate with some salt and pepper and press the beef into it to coat evenly all over.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan and fry the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side for a charred medium rare finish.
- Remove and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Then use a sharp knife to carve it into fairly thin slices.
- Finally make the sauce by simply stirring the creme fresh and horseradish together.
- Arrange the yorkshire puddings on a large serving platter and spoon a little sauce on top. Twirl a slice of beef over sauce and top with some rocket leaves. Serve at once.
Developed by Food Stylist Sharon Hearne Smith, Food Stylist, www.blueberrypie.ie