May 22nd, 2020
Blackcastle Farm Sausage Recipes
Executive Chef, Paul Lafferty with Tuscany Restaurants, Limerick
Paul Lafferty is a classically trained executive chef who has worked in a variety of awarded fine dining restaurants both in Ireland and the UK. He is currently the executive chef of the Tuscany Bistro restaurants with locations in Limerick and Tipperary. Paul works with the freshest and finest locally sourced ingredients to create tasty, healthy and wholesome dishes, both at work and at home.
- 6 Piedmontese sausages
- 3 rashers of smoked bacon
- 1 X 400g haricot beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Stick of celery
- 1 bouquet garni
- 150ml white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100ml water
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a large pan, brown sausages and bacon, then place in a casserole dish.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and add the chopped onion, carrots, celery, garlic and tomatoes and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over a gentle heat until onions are soft then stir in beans, wine and water. Bring to the coil then add to the casserole dish.
- Transfer casserole dish to oven and cook for 40minutes.