- SAUSAGE AND WHOLEMEAL FUSILLI PASTA
SAUSAGE AND WHOLEMEAL FUSILLI PASTA
May 24th, 2020
Blackcastle Farm Sausage Recipes
Executive Chef, Paul Lafferty with Tuscany Restaurants, Limerick
Paul Lafferty is a classically trained executive chef who has worked in a variety of awarded fine dining restaurants both in Ireland and the UK. He is currently the executive chef of the Tuscany Bistro restaurants with locations in Limerick and Tipperary. Paul works with the freshest and finest locally sourced ingredients to create tasty, healthy and wholesome dishes, both at work and at home.
- 6 Piedmontese Sausages (cut into chunks)
- 150g wholemeal fusilli pasta
- 1X400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Put large pan of water on to boil.
- Heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and fry sausages on high heat, until brown.
- Turn heat to low, add onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Stir in chilli powder and tomato puree, cook for 1 min, then add chopped tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to the boil, turn down heat and simmer for 10mins.
- As sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to pack instructions.
- Drain pasta, add to the sauce, toss through and serve.