- GRIDDLED STEAK WITH CAJUN SWEET POTATO CHIPS & AN AVOCADO & LIME SOUR CREAM
GRIDDLED STEAK WITH CAJUN SWEET POTATO CHIPS & AN AVOCADO & LIME SOUR CREAM
May 24th, 2020
This is an unusual twist on the usual steak and chips.
This is an unusual twist on the usual steak and chips. The flavours of the lime and avocado are delicious with the sweet potato chips and charred steak. It would make a great treat at the weekend or if trying to impress a guest.
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 x 275g (10 oz) rib eye steaks
- 1 avocado, halved
- juice ½ lime
- 75g (3 oz) sour cream
- handful coriander leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F / Gas Mark 6).
- Cut the potatoes into long, fairly thin-fingered chips and scatter in a single layer on a large baking tray.
- Drizzle over one tablespoon of the oil and scatter the Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper over, tossing to coat evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender through but crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a really high heat.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the steaks and season well.
- Griddle on each side for 2 minutes for rare, 3 for medium-rare, 4 for medium or 5 minutes for well done.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from the pan and leave to rest, covered with foil, for 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, prepare the avocado sour cream.
- Scoop the avocado flesh out into a small bowl and mash it as smoothly as possible with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Then ripple the sour cream through.
- To serve, arrange the chips in the centre of warmed plates. Sit a rested steak on top and add a dollop of the avocado sour cream.
- Scatter the coriander over to garnish and enjoy.